Busy Attorneys are GOOD Attorneys…and we need GOOD Attorneys!
Imagine the impact we could make if every attorney in the state of Florida helped one pro bono client.
Florida Rural Legal Services, Inc., gives attorneys the opportunity to fulfil their promise to “never reject the cause of the defenseless or oppressed or delay anyone’s cause for lucre or malice.”To that end FRLS encourages private attorneys to sign up with our Pro Bono Coordinators in the Ft. Myers, Ft. Pierce or Lakeland office to offer your expertise by taking a case free of charge to the client. Opportunities to give counsel and advice at legal clinics are also available.
• FRLS will cover malpractice insurance (with deductible).
• Clients are pre-screened to ensure that they are indeed indigent.
• Free CLE webinars are available for attorneys who assist us with cases.
• You are our referral source for clients who do not qualify for our services becausethey are over income.
• Co-counsel and/or mentorship with one of our staff attorneys can be arranged.• If you wish to test-drive a new area of law, one of our cases may provide this opportunityfor you to established systems.
• If you can’t complete the case, we will provide attorney substitution.