Florida Rural Legal Services, Inc. (FRLS) was founded in 1966 as a private, non-profit corporation. FRLS provides free civil legal assistance to indigent families and low-income elderly people in thirteen Central and South-Central Florida counties. FRLS also provides legal assistance to migrant workers throughout the state of Florida. Today, FRLS has four Regional Offices and four satellite offices and over 80 staff members, including 40 attorneys. FRLS helps clients with consumer protection and economic stability, family protection, victims services, housing protection and homelessness prevention; we also provide services to vulnerable populations including Seniors and Migrant Farmworkers. Our mission is to empower low-income individuals, groups and communities by providing them with access to justice through community outreach and education as well as legal advice, representation, and advocacy.
OVERVIEW OF OPPORTUNITIES
FRLS has implemented several phases of its program-wide reorganization plan to fill needed leadership gaps and to improve client services; we are also advertising to fill various executive leadership vacancies.
Florida Rural Legal Services, Inc., does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
1. Victims Of Crime Act (VOCA) Contract Attorney - The purpose of this position is to provide civil legal assistance to Victims of Domestic Violence and work primarily under or Victims of Crime Act (VOCA) Grant. representation and advocacy to victims of domestic violence, sexual trauma, and stalking. The ideal candidate must have an extensive knowledge in Family law, three-five years’ experience preferred.
2. Resource Development Director - Florida Rural Legal Services Inc is seeking a well-motivated and dedicated individual to obtain and maintain grants from agencies, institutions, local government, or units of local government, or metropolitan departments.
This position will serve as the central contact position for online grant application submittals and reporting to Federal, State and Non-Governmental agencies regarding grants and will maintain a central “gate keeping” function for FRLS access to grant resources and reporting as required by federal agencies.
3. Resource Development Coordinator- Florida Rural Legal Services Inc is seeking a well-motivated and dedicated individual to assist the Resource Development Director in obtaining and maintaining grants from agencies, institutions, local government, or units of local government, or metropolitan departments.
4. Housing Contract Attorney - Florida Rural Legal Services is seeking a Housing Attorney to assist Lakeland residents who will be focused on cases related to mortgage and eviction prevention issues resulting from COVID-19 pandemic related loss of income under our Community Development Block Grant.
5. Executive Assistant to Executive Director - Florida Rural Legal Services Inc is seeking a well-motivated and dedicated individual to work closely with our Executive Director. The Executive Assistant will perform a variety of administrative tasks and support senior-level managers.
Executive Assistant’s responsibilities include managing calendars, making travel arrangements, and preparing expense reports. To be successful in this role, you should be well-organized, have great time management.
6. Litigation Attorney - The purpose of this position is to provide legal services to migrant farmworkers and their families thought the State of Florida, concentrating primarily on legal issues involving employment, housing, public benefit, and civil rights.
7. Contract Attorney - The purpose of this position is to provide civil legal assistance to eligible low income and elderly persons approved by program policies and priorities in areas such as housing, domestic violence related family, public benefits, consumer, elder, and education.
The successful candidate will serve as FRLS principal staff in support of a Medical Legal Partnership (MLP) between Florida Rural Legal Services, Inc. (FRLS) and Florida Community Health Centers (FCHC) in the Treasure Coast area, will conduct education of medical personnel in recognition of legal issues, coordinate the provision of legal services by FRLS staff to clients identified by FCHC, and will provide direct legal services to mutual FRLS/FCHC clients.
8. Immigration Attorney - Florida Rural Legal Services, Inc. is seeking an experienced, immigration attorney to join our Lakeland, Florida, team devoted to representing victims of domestic violence, human trafficking, and other crimes in Florida. The individual would represent clients through our established partnerships, provide direct representation to victims who have experienced victimization. Some family law/domestic relations cases may also be included for some clients
The information provided on this website does not, and is not intended to, constitute legal advice; instead, all information, content, and materials available on this site are for general informational purposes only.