• Civil Rights
  • Family Security / Public Benefits
  • Elder Law
  • Housing

Elder Law Issues

involving health care, nursing home placement, Medicaid and end of life planning issues (wills, powers of attorney and health care surrogates).


Matters involving tenant’s rights; home ownership and foreclosure defense, sub-standard housing; lockouts and utility shut-offs by landlords; foreclosure; housing discrimination; farm worker housing; and eviction defense.

Labor and Employment

Issues including minimum wage and overtime claims; working conditions; retaliation; sexual harassment; and employees rights.


Issues including securing students’ rights; special education placement problems; suspensions and expulsions.

Civil Rights

Matters pertaining to rights for minorities, persons with disabilities and other constitutionally protected persons.

Family Security/Public Benefits

Includes unemployment insurance benefits; bankruptcy, TANF (welfare) benefits; food stamps; Social Security, SSI, Medicaid, Medicare and health related issues such as access to medical services.

Family Law Services

Divorces are provided in the following counties under very specific conditions. Indian River, Martin, Okeechobee and St. Lucie Counties. You must be a resident of one of the 4 counties above and not be living with your spouse. If there are children involved you must be the custodial parent.

Charlotte must be a resident of Charlotte County. Divorces are provided only in matters involving children and/or domestic violence.

For residents of Desoto, Glades and Hendry Counties please contact the Ft. Myers Office.


Florida Rural Legal Services

  • Labor and Employment
  • Education
  • Family Law Services


You may qualify for free legal assistance with civil legal problems associated with being a caregiver.

Contact Florida Rural Legal services, Inc.



Important Announcement for Seniors and Caregivers