All positions will remain open until filled, but we will review applicants on a rolling basis. Applicants are encouraged to apply early for consideration. Please submit all application materials as soon as possible.
Location: Hybrid | Full-Time Position
Please review the specific job posting for more details. Salary Base on experience. Apply Below.
Florida Rural Legal Services Inc is seeking an experienced, intelligent, and dynamic professional to assume the rapidly evolving role of Communication Director. The Communication Director will oversee the flow of communication and information between our firm and the public. With the direction of the Executive Director the Communications Director in the absence will act as the face of the organization at media events and directing marketing and public relations campaigns. The Director will be responsible for developing effective messaging and communication strategies.
The Director is a member of the Brand Management leadership team and is responsible for strategic communications planning, and executive communications, media relations and crisis issues management. This role is entrusted with confidential and sensitive material, exercises independent judgment, and acts as spokesperson for FRLS in media relations and issues management situations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Accountable for public perception of the firm.
• Crisis management and preemptive planning
• Develop a cohesive communications strategy.
• Project a positive image of the firm to the public.
• Manage the communications budget.
• Ensure quality control of all information released.
• Establish and drive a multi-channel communications strategy
• Prepare and manage all communications material
• Develop a brand voice and maintain brand integrity across all platforms
• Manage media relations
• Develop contacts with media members, influencers and community leaders
• Develop internal publications such as newsletters, releases, email announcements, planned publications, on-line, intranet, video, special projects and assignments.
• Develop branding initiatives, internal communications and external media relations.
• Drive communication strategy and message development, pitch and announcement strategies.
• Making sure all Firm materials have consistent and positive messaging and branding
• Manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, newsletters, brochures, and FRLS website
• Writes and delivers press releases and handles all communication sent to the public.
• Other duties assigned
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• MBA or advanced degree in communications, Marketing or related field.
• 10+ years communications experience.
• Extensive list of media contacts.
• Awareness of and proficiency with communications technologies.
• Experience in stakeholder/community engagement.
• Clear and concise communication with team members and senior management.
• Strong and confident leadership.
Florida Rural Legal Services, Inc., does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other characteristic protected by federal, state of local law.
Submit Your Application
The information provided on this website does not, and is not intended to, constitute legal advice; instead, all information, content, and materials available on this site are for general informational purposes only.