• Community Economic Development

  • FRLS and FAMU Law partnership has launched the CED Law Clinic. The Clinic offers free legal assistance to qualifying seed and early stage food industry entrepreneurs in need but unable to afford an attorney on their own.


    The CED program includes the Heirs’ Property Prevention and Resolution because farmers need land to cultivate their products, and probate expenses are an economic barrier in a lot of minority communities. The program provides services for the following and more:

    • Article of Incorporation
    • Assignment and Agreement to Assign Copyright
    • Business Formation, Tax planning
    • Commercial Contracts
    • Copyright & Trademark
    • Clear Title Actions
    • Drafting & Review
    • Employment Contracts
    • Filing Requirements
    • Financing Proposals and Investor Term Sheets
    • Independent contractor agreements
    • IRS filing for EIN numbers
    • Licenses, permits
    • Local and federal law
    • Negotiation
    • Nondisclosure
    • Operating agreements, bylaws
    • Patents
    • Wills, Trust & Probate



    Apply for legal help

    Call during the hours listed or apply online anytime

    General Public

    Apply by phone 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

    Call 1-888-582-3410


    Apply by phone 8:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.

    Call 1-855-771-3077

    Sí, hablamos español

    Wi, nou pale Kreyol

    Aplicar en línea

    Aplike sou entenet

All Posts