Deadline is March 24, 2022. All positions will remain open until filled, but we will review applicants on a rolling basis. Applicants are encouraged to apply early for consideration. Please submit all application materials as soon as possible.
Please review the specific job posting for more details. Salary is based on experience. Apply Below.
Florida Rural Legal Services. Inc. (FRLS), the non-profit legal services program providing free civil legal assistance to eligible low income and elderly persons approved by program policies and priorities in areas such as housing, domestic violence related family and other family law matters, public benefits, consumer law, elder law, education, immigration, and civil rights.
Florida Rural Legal Services, Inc. is seeking an experienced Director of Operations to organize and oversee FRLS daily operational activities by ensuring daily operations run smoothly and efficiently. The Operations Director will be responsible for managing resources, developing, and implementing an operational plan and ensuring that procedures are carried out properly. Additionally, the Director of Operations will regularly evaluate FRLS organizational efficiency and makes necessary changes to maximize staff productivity. Your responsibilities will include overseeing all business administration, support functions and non-attorney staff coordination to ensure the accomplishment of the strategic goals and objectives. You will be responsible for budgeting, and inventory/resources, overseeing Grants management, Human Resources Management, and oversee the procurement and purchasing of products.
1. Supervise the day to day Operations of FRLS including Supervising staff from different departments and provide constructive feedback.
2. Manage procurement processes and coordinate material and resources allocation.
3. Review financial information and adjust operational budgets to promote cost savings.
4. Revise and/or formulate policies and promote their implementation.
5. Manage relationships/agreements with external partners/vendors.
6. Liaising with departmental heads to develop financial plans and ensure organization-wide compliance.
7. Defining, implementing, and revising operational policies and guidelines for the organization.
8. Work with the human resources department to create job descriptions, hire competent personnel and oversee employee training programs
9. Working with the human resources department to develop and implement staff evaluations.
10. Managing procurement and resource allocation.
11. Ensure FRLS operates within its mission statement.
12. Review and approve equipment needed.
13. Review and approves the budget of each department.
14. Supervise all financial activities and negotiate budgets, contracts, and agreements.
15. Participate in union negotiations and labor management meetings under the directions of the Executive Director.
16. Works diligently and aggressively to obtain suitable office space as needed, including negotiations for leases, buildouts, maintenance, cleaning and repairs; manage the Lakeland office location including obtaining new tenants and maintaining relationships with lessees.
17. Arrange for purchase of furniture, equipment, library materials, and advocacy software, as needed, while looking for the best purchase price for the agency; assist with maintaining inventory of same.
18. Oversee the prompt opening, closing and maintenance of all program bank accounts in accordance with sound fiscal standards.
19. Supervise the Grants Management Department and Personnel.
20. Supervise the Resource Development.
21. Supervise FRLS Technology.
Bachelor’s Degree Required, Master’s Degree Preferred
Excellent written/verbal communication skills
Strong leadership and people management skills when managing projects
The ability to operate efficiently in a constantly changing environment
Strong analytical and execution/implementation skills.
Exceptional interpersonal & communication skills, written and verbal, with ability to communicate with various positions and departments.
Project Management Certification Required
Information , Developing Budgets, Performance Management
This position operates in a professional office environment.
1. Must be able to travel regularly to all office in the FRLS service areas.
2. Must be able to travel to meetings and trainings.
The Operations Director of Florida Rural Legal Services, Inc. is an exempt management position and not subject to the FRLS collective bargaining agreements.
Submit Your Application
The information provided on this website does not, and is not intended to, constitute legal advice; instead, all information, content, and materials available on this site are for general informational purposes only.