All positions will remain open until filled, but we will review applicants on a rolling basis. Applicants are encouraged to apply early for consideration. Please submit all application materials as soon as possible.
Location: Lakeland, FL | Full-Time Position
Please review the specific job posting for more details. Salary $30,000-55,000. Apply Below.
Florida Rural Legal Services Inc is seeking a well-motivated and dedicated individual to work closely with our Executive Director. The Executive Assistant will perform a variety of administrative tasks and support senior-level managers.
Executive Assistant’s responsibilities include managing calendars, making travel arrangements, and preparing expense reports. To be successful in this role, you should be well-organized, have great time management.
1. Provide excellent administrative support for the activities, meetings, travel, records, and communications of the Executive Director.
2. Coordinate meetings and projects involving complex logistics and multiple participants, including all aspects of important meetings from location, facility, and amenities to creating the preliminary agendas and materials.
3. Assist the Executive Director in communications with staff, members of the Board of Directors, donors, funding entities, and others.
4. Assist the Executive Director in scheduling meetings with key supporters or potential supporters, partner agencies, members of the bar and judiciary, and other persons and entities.
5. Support communications among and between FRLS staff and the Executive Director.
6. Assist with scheduling staff meetings, scheduling events, coordinating, and planning partnership meetings and special events.
7. Meet multiple deadlines and be involved in and responsible for several tasks concurrently.
8. Assist the Executive Director in responding to staff requests in a timely and effective manner, using sound judgment in prioritizing requests and obtaining timely answers.
9. Assist with managing the Executive Director's schedule - balancing travel, community partnership meetings, meetings with staff, the board, funders and other persons and entities as
10. Excellent verbal communication and writing skills: Draft letters, email responses, memos, agendas, and other materials on the Executive Director's behalf, utilizing strong writing skills and excellent editing and proofreading abilities.
11. Support the Executive Director and Advocacy Director with administrative tasks and scheduling ensuring staff compliance with funding source requirements; support administration with requests as needed.
Requirements and Skills
• Work experience as an Executive Assistant, Personal Assistant or similar role
• Excellent MS Office knowledge
• Outstanding organizational and time management skills
• Familiarity with office gadgets and applications (e.g., e-calendars and copy machines)
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Discretion and confidentiality
Experience and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree required. Seven years of relevant administrative or executive level secretarial experience. Related college education may be substituted for up to two (2) years of work experience at the discretion of the Executive Director. Advanced degree preferred. Law office or public service experience will be considered.
• Have experience with and possess proficiency in computer skills, word processing, e-mail, and calendaring software in a Windows environment.
• Ability to interact, communicate and provide support at all levels of the organization, including employees, board members, clients, and the general public.
• Relate well with low-income people, be dependable, competent, trustworthy, and have a commitment to legal services and to working with low-income persons.
• Demonstrate and maintain a high degree of skill and familiarity with computer systems and software appropriate for effective case management and delivery of legal services through telecommunications systems or other means, including Internet and other network systems.
• Demonstrate and maintain high standards of interpersonal communication, especially relating to effective telephone communication and effective written and oral communication.
• Have the capacity to problem solve in a time-intensive, public service law office environment.
• Must be able to exercise sound judgment and initiative and adhere to the confidential nature of the firm and its practice.
• Possess excellent organizational skills and have the capacity to meet deadlines in a multi- function office environment.
Physical Requirements: Must be willing to travel. Must be able to work in a professional office environment five days per week.
EEOC Statement: Florida Rural Legal Services, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, religion, parental status, military service, or other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Submit Your Application
The information provided on this website does not, and is not intended to, constitute legal advice; instead, all information, content, and materials available on this site are for general informational purposes only.