All positions will remain open until filled, but we will review applicants on a rolling basis. Applicants are encouraged to apply early for consideration. Please submit all application materials as soon as possible.
Location: Riviera Beach, FL
Please review the specific job posting for more details. Salary is based on experience. Apply Below.
Florida Rural Legal Services is seeking a Full-Time Legal Secretary for its Riviera Beach office location to undertake a variety of administrative and clerical tasks. The Legal Secretary will enhance the attorney effectiveness by providing information-management support, representing the attorney to clients and others. The goal is to sustain efficiency of all office procedures and case management to guarantee reliability and consistency.
1. Share responsibilities of a receptionist when said employee is absent or engaged in other work;
2. Opening files, closing files, general office filing, maintaining advocate and office filing and statistical systems, sorting, and preparing and delivering case folders as required;
3. Proof-reading and correcting letters, briefs, motions, memoranda and other documents;
4. Transcribing properly taped material from a Dictaphone or dictation accurately and efficiently. Transcribing records or judicial or administrative proceedings;
5. Scheduling appointments, making business travel arrangements, and all other arrangements for business meetings in FRLS offices or other places;
6. Transacting routine business, such as banking and post office business, as required. Occasionally, a secretary will deliver or pick-up business documents or other material, engage in fact-gathering, and assist at depositions when not unusually burdensome;
7. Gathering information by telephone, and otherwise assisting attorneys and paralegals;
8. Maintaining the library, maintaining records or checking accounts and other financial records, maintaining petty cash, keeping accurate statistics, acting as office or work group timekeeper, and other administrative tasks as they arise;
9. Composing and completing letters, forms, memos, and routine legal documents with proficiency in spelling, punctuation and grammar;
10. Assisting with on-the-job orientation and training for new staff;
11. Handle mail;
12. Perform other duties as they are reasonable and related to the function of a secretary;
13. Participate in such meetings and training as shall be provided by FRLS;
14. Perform preliminary intake or screening interviews and determining financial eligibility, including completing intake sheets;
15. Scheduling of client appointments, unless otherwise performed by attorneys or paralegals.
16. Acquire new skills and knowledge such as learning how to scan documents, complete electronic filing and knowing and implementing any other function/procedure required by the courts.
1. 2-5 years legal secretarial experience preferred
2. Bi-lingual preferred; English/Spanish/Creole
3. Computer skills utilizing MS Word, Outlook, Excel and Word Perfect
4. Familiarity with court system
5. Type 55 WPM
6. Proficient spelling and grammar
Position operates in a professional office environment.
Must be willing to travel. Must be able to work in a professional office environment 5 days per week.
To Apply: Send Resume to: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: dependent on work experience
Florida Rural Legal Services, Inc., does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other characteristic protected by federal, state of local law.
Submit Your Application
The information provided on this website does not, and is not intended to, constitute legal advice; instead, all information, content, and materials available on this site are for general informational purposes only.